iii. As a service to users, the site provides links to other websites. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd takes every care to select websites for this purpose which it believes are useful and meet its own high standards. However, The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd has no control over these websites. Consequently, when the user activates any of these links, he or she will leave the site and The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will accept no responsibility or liability for any material on any web-site accessed as a result of activating such links.
vii. The site is a site operated by The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd., which is registered in England and Wales under company number 58093 and has its registered office at Kingston Hall, Kingston on Soar, Nottingham NG11 0DJ and its main trading address at 16 Upper Woburn Place, London, WC1H 0AF. Our VAT number is 896 4156 77 .
x. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will keep all your personal information provided by you confidential except that it may use and process personal information for any of the following purposes:
- Subscription registration, administration, general correspondence, support, invoicing and processing including personalising the site for your use;
- Contacting you to advise you of meetings, to notify you of new features or to resolve any queries you or the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd may have ties or to register your use of the site;
- Responding to any requests or queries from you;
- Profiling you and the users of the site (by name, employer, industry sector, professional interests and geography);
- Contacting you to notify you of other services or products that might be of interest to you (although you can elect not to receive any of these at any time by contacting us as set out below); and
- Subscribing you to our newsletters or email alerts or online surveys (although you can unsubscribe from these at any time by contacting us as set out below);
- Sharing data with members of the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd and its partners.
*If you would rather not receive these please email us at [email protected].
The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will not otherwise sell or share your personal data with any other third party (except if we sell the whole or relevant part of our business). By using the site, you consent to such processing and you warrant that all data provided by you is accurate. Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload materials to the site, or to make contact with other users of the site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (below). You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
xi. Unless otherwise specified to you in writing, any materials you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd has the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such materials for any purpose and to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of our site. The Company Chemists’ Association ltd has the right to remove any materials or posting you make on the site if, in its opinion, such material does not comply with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy (below).
xii. You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the site, the server on which the site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the site. You must not attack the site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the site will cease immediately. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the site or to your downloading of any materials posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
xiii. You may link to the site home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd?s reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. The site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of the site other than the home page. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd reserves the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
xvi. If you have any concerns about materials that appear on the site, please contact [email protected].
Acceptable Use Policy
You may use the site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards [INSERT AS LINK TO CONTENT STANDARDS BELOW].
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the site;
- any equipment or network on which the site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Where any interactive service is provided on the site the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). The Company Chemists’ Association ltd will do its best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on the site and will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd is under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service provided on the site and expressly excludes any liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of the content standards (below), whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd advises parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd moderates an interactive service, it will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all materials that you contribute to the site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd will determine, in its discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of the site and if a breach of this policy has occurred, it may take such action as it deems appropriate. The Company Chemists’ Association Ltd excludes liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material that is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote explicit material of any nature.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination of any nature.
- Infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another?s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
The information contained in this website has been prepared solely for the purpose of providing general information about the Company Chemists’ Association Ltd, its partners and the services that they offer.
It does not constitute advice or an offer to sell or deal in any securities and must not be relied upon in connection with any investment decision.
THIS PUBLICATION IS PROVIDED WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDED BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR IMPLIED TERMS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. ALL SUCH IMPLIED TERMS AND WARRANTIES ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED INFORMATION PRESENTED IS BELIEVED TO BE RELIABLE BUT IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE. COMPANY CHEMISTS’ ASSOCIATION LTD DOES NOT GUARANTEE ITS COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY. BY ACCESSING THIS WEB SITE YOU AGREE THAT COMPANY CHEMISTS’ ASSOCIATION LTD WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE INFORMATION AND MATERIAL CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE OR FROM YOUR ACCESS OF OTHER MATERIAL ON THE INTERNET VIA WEB LINKS FROM THIS SITE.
The above exclusions and limitations apply only to the extent permitted by law. The copyright in the material contained in this Web Site belongs to Company Chemists’ Association Ltd or its licensors. Any person may copy any part of this material, subject to the following conditions:
- The material may be used only for non-commercial purposes;
- The copies must retain any copyright or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material; and
- The products, technology or process described in this Web Site may be the subject of other intellectual property rights reserved by Company Chemists’ Association Ltd or other third parties. No license is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights.Images on this site are protected by copyright and may not be reproduced or appropriated in any manner without written permission of their respective owner(s).
The Company Chemist’s Association Ltd,
Kingston on Soar
Registered in England No: 58093
VAT Registration Number: 896 4156 77